Published Oct. 19, 2017
New sources for NTEE codes and multiple NTEE codes available for each organization
Cause IQ has completely updated how we determine NTEE codes for organization, and also made multiple NTEE codes available for each organization. Before we relied on the IRS's Business Master File, which contained what the IRS thought organization's did. While this was spot-on about 60% of the time, the remaining 40% organizations were classified a bit all over the place. Cause IQ now classifies organizations on our own, using a combination of our internal research team and new algorithms that analyze the characteristics and mission / visions of organizations to determine the most applicable NTEE codes.
We also now have multiple NTEE codes available for each organization. To filter by or see the primary most important NTEE code, use the "NTEE code, primary" field. To filter by or see all NTEE codes for an organization, use the "All NTEE codes" field. Both these filters are available in the "Categories and characteristics" section in the search filter sidebar.
Here's a look at where you can access the updated NTEE codes filters in Cause IQ:
Use the Categories, NTEE code, and NAICS code filters to find specific types of organizations by their missions, structures, and activitiesOpen help article